A DETAILED POSTNATAL PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSESSMENT OF THE ABDOMINAL AND PELVIC AREA.
Mums need to bend, lift, squat and twist – experiencing some pain and discomfort just after pregnancy is to be expected but, during the period when mums are returning to usual daily activities and caring for their newborn, feeling physically strong must be a priority.
PREGNANCY AND DELIVERY CAN CAUSE POSTURAL CHANGES, MUSCLE IMBALANCES AND ALTERED ALIGNMENT. LEFT UNTREATED PAIN, PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE, URINARY INCONTINENCE AND DIASTASIS RECTI CAN CONTINUE TO BE PROBLEMATIC.
Combining the principles of Physiotherapy assessment with the practice of functional retraining the Mummy MOT® system looks at posture, breathing, tummy gap and pelvic floor strength helping mums to regain optimum health following birth.
Lisa is a certified and specifically trained Mummy MOT® practitioner, able to fully assess, treat and manage patients allowing them to regain optimum health following birth.
As a mum, she can deliver the assessment with a true understanding of every aspect of pregnancy from her professional standpoint right through to knowing exactly how a post-natal body feels.
THE MUMMY MOT®
THE ONE-HOUR IN-DEPTH ASSESMENT SUITABLE FROM 6 WEEKS TO 6 YEARS AFTER PREGNANCY INCLUDES:
- Pelvic floor strength and tummy gap check
- Thorough full body postural assessment addressing any physical problems arisen from pregnancy and birth
- A report of findings on the day of assessment
- A post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals
- Bespoke and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength